20 Green Tips
1. Recycle Glass - If you do not recycle this, it will take a million years to decompose.
2. Turn off your lights - An easy one. Turn off your lights when you are not using them. The benefits are obvious.
3. Use Both Sides of Paper - if you have a printer with a double sided print option use it. You will save half of the amount of paper you would have normally used. Then when your done bring it to the recycle bin.
4. Turn off computers at night - don't just put them to sleep.
5. Buy Rechargeable Batteries - Even though it will take a good investment to buy these you will find yourself gaining it back in no time.
6. Plant a Tree - It's good for the air, can keep you cool, and can increase your property value.
7. Buy Local Produce - Consider how much energy it takes for produce from china or any other country to come here. If you have the option to buy local, do it.
8. Walk or Ride Your Bike When you can - If you have to go somewhere close consider riding your bike or walking there instead of your car. It's better on the environment and healthier.
9. Inflate your Tires - If your tires are inflated at all times your car will run more miles on less gas.
10. Stop paper bank statements - Why waste paper getting your bank statement mailed to you when you can just check it out online.
11. Give things away - Take things that you are not going to wear or use and give it to a charity or someone who will use it.
12. Turn Down your Thermostat - Every degree lower in the winter or higher in the summer you put it is a 10% decrease on your energy bill.
13. Don't get a paper phone book - Instead of getting a paper phone book. Use a online directory instead.
14. Pay your Bills Online - If every house did this then we would save million trees every year.
15. Don't Pre-Heat the Oven - unless needed, just turn the oven on after you put the dish in it. Also, to see if it's finished just look through the glass instead of opening it.
16. Don't get bottled water - Instead of bottled water get a reusable container to carry water. Also you can get a filter to make your home tap taste more like bottled water. It is definitely more cost efficient.
17. Get a reusable bag - You can't recycle plastic bags, instead get yourself a reusable bag so that you won't have to worry about carrying your necessities.
18. Turn the water off when you brush - Your parents have said this before, now I say it. You will save a lot of gallons of water doing this.
19. Change to Fluorescent Bulbs - If every house changed all of the light bulbs in their house, that would be equivalent to taking millions cars off the streets.
20. Hang Outside to Dry - Get a cloths line or rack to dry your cloths. Your cloths will last longer and you will save money